Simpsons Malt are the UK’s leading, independent malting Company, with 150+ years of successful supply to brewers and distillers with a customer range from the smallest craft & micro brewers to multi-nationals in the UK and around the world. This highly successful family business is rated in the top 1% in terms of its financial security and so also is the perfect place to build a career.
Simpsons Malt Limited works within agriculture as a grain merchant, but also has well invested manufacturing operations in Norfolk and on the Scottish Border to supply speciality malts to customers in brewing and distilling.
Our customer base stretches around the world, with export a rapidly rising feature and can range from the small craft micro brewer through to blue chip multi national distillers. Within manufacturing, there is the move towards excellence and the use of “lean” tools such as 5S that you would expect.
One of our strategic goals is to have the best people working for us, and ensure they are informed, engaged, empowered and equipped. This role will be key in supporting the delivery of that goal.
External applications are welcomed for the above vacancy. The vacancy has arisen after the restructuring of HR within the business.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Act as a business partner/support service to the whole business providing expert advice including all aspects of Human Resources policies, processes and practices covering the full end-to-end employee lifecycle.
- Responsible for the delivery of all Human Resource activities in the company engaging with and transferring appropriate levels of HR knowledge and skills to the leadership team and all staff.
- Co-ordinate all HR activities to ensure timely and positive resolution to both HR opportunities/improvements as well as workforce issues and concerns.
- Lead in all aspects of HR legal and best practice approaches ensuring all aspects of the HR function offers efficient and effective service across the company resulting in measurable added value to the business.
- Manage a small team to support the delivery of HR, pay and benefits services to the business.
- Minimum CIPD Level 5 (or equivalent experience) or working towards.
Key Attributes and Expected Behaviours
- Ability to see the big picture – align HR activities and implementation plan to ‘Collective Ambition’ of the business
- Open to and lead on HR change and improvement activities – ability to continuously improve to deliver smarter working throughout the organisation
- Making Effective Decisions based on risk management approach – using knowledge and evidence to arrive at accurate, expert and professional decisions and advice
- Leading and Communicating – engage with all members of staff, being visible in the workplace and accessible to offer HR support and advice. Excellent communication, listening, influencing and coaching skills.
- Building Capability for All – strong focus on continuous learning for self, staff and wider business – ensure HR knowledge and skill set is current and improving
- Collaborating and Partnering – approachable team player able to work at all levels in the business, sharing information appropriately and building supporting, trusting and professional relationships with a wide range of people inside and outside the business.
- Achieve Outcomes – HR operational planning and project management approach with the ability to manage simultaneous tasks and activities. Attention to detail with a focus on outcome metrics – including ability to analyse data and provide proposals
- Manage a quality HR service delivering value for money – Plan, organise and manage all HR activities including finance, resources, quality with a focus on delivering value for money aligned to the needs of the business.
Motivated, confident, capable and hardworking with knowledge and experience in all HR activities and disciplines including existing and proposed legislation.
This is a permanent, full time role and will be based at our head office in Tweedside Trading Estate, Berwick-upon-Tweed. There is a requirement to support our other sites so travelling between our sites will be required.
Benefits of the role are:
- Competitive salary
- Car allowance
- Bonus scheme
- Life insurance
- Private medical/dental insurance
Please express your interest in this exciting opportunity by Friday 20th March 2020 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.