Respected within its industry, Simpsons Malt Limited is a successful family owned business with over 150 years of history as a manufacturer and supplier of quality malt products to the whisky distilling and brewing industries with a client list from giant multi-nationals to start-up micro/craft brewers-with exports becoming increasingly important.
Our Maltings in Norfolk is located between Diss and Norwich and operates 7X24, for 365 days a year. This site is brewer focused and has faced major challenges, as the market changes from a small number of large customers, to an increasing number of smaller customers and a growing focus on the bagged/speciality products in which we are market leader.
With a recent significant expansion/investment program, increasing automation and a real focus on process and quality improvement, we need a seasoned manufacturing site manager who can demonstrate a record of delivery & achievement. The profile and importance of this role/site within the business means you will join our Operations Board and be remunerated accordingly.
Change, growth and retirement has led to a relatively inexperienced management team, getting to grips with revised processes and an increasing schedule-they need your leadership:
We are looking for a very specific skill set for this role:
- You understand our industry and our processes-understanding that our customers are buying the expertise of our people as much as the quality product.
- You ideally manage to combine malting knowledge with experience around introducing modern manufacturing/lean techniques in to our traditional world. This suggests you have already gained or are studying for the “Master Maltster” diploma.
- You are working strategically for next year and not living in this week.
- You will have the personal strength to lay down targets and preferred approaches and then persistently and consistently follow up and coach until engrained in your team.
- You will be a highly visible site leader with obvious energy and a relentless search for excellence.
- You are comfortable with your site being a showroom for our customers to visit and learn from our expertise.
Please send all applications, including both CV and cover letter explaining why taking this role makes sense for you and us, to SML HR Director, Martin Tilstone, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org