THIS VACANCY IS NOW FILLED
Respected within its industry, Simpsons Malt Limited is a successful family owned business with over 150 years of history as a manufacturer and supplier of quality malt products to the whisky distilling and brewing industries with a client list from giant multi-nationals to start-up micro/craft brewers-with exports becoming increasingly important.
Our Maltings in Norfolk is located between Diss and Norwich and operates 7X24, for 365 days a year. This site is brewer focused and has faced major challenges, as the market changes from a small number of large customers, to an increasing number of smaller customers and a growing focus on the bagged/speciality products in which we are market leader.
With a recent significant expansion/investment program, increasing automation and a real focus on process and quality improvement, we need a seasoned manufacturing site manager who can demonstrate a record of delivery & achievement. The profile and importance of this role/site within the business means you will join our Operations Board and be remunerated accordingly.
Change, growth and retirement has led to a relatively inexperienced management team, getting to grips with revised processes and an increasing schedule-they need your leadership:
We are looking for a very specific skill set for this role:
- You understand our industry and our processes-understanding that our customers are buying the expertise of our people as much as the quality product.
- You ideally manage to combine malting knowledge with experience around introducing modern manufacturing/lean techniques in to our traditional world. This suggests you have already gained or are studying for the “Master Maltster” diploma.
- You are working strategically for next year and not living in this week.
- You will have the personal strength to lay down targets and preferred approaches and then persistently and consistently follow up and coach until engrained in your team.
- You will be a highly visible site leader with obvious energy and a relentless search for excellence.
- You are comfortable with your site being a showroom for our customers to visit and learn from our expertise.