SIMPSONS MALT LIMITED SUPPLIER CODE OF CONDUCT
Simpsons Malt Limited is a fifth-generation, family business and Certified B Corporation that is committed to the development, implementation, and review of good ethical practices. We ensure alignment with the Ethical Trading Initiative (based on the ILO convention), the UN Convention on Human Rights, The Human Rights Act 1998 and all other relevant EU/UK legislation within our business.
Suppliers of goods or services to Simpsons Malt Ltd must ensure they respect and follow the ethical principles presented in this Supplier Code of Conduct and ensure that their own suppliers and subcontractors do the same. The Supplier Code of Conduct will be updated and reissued annually.
As such, we also expect all companies within our supply chain to adopt similar standards regarding ethical and social responsibility as applicable to their geographical location as follows:
The supplier must:
- Ensure compliance with all EU/UK legislation relating to ethical trading, employment legislation, human rights and health and safety legislation.
- Ensure compliance with the UK Modern Slavery Act 2015 (where applicable). https://www.simpsonsmalt.co.uk/2015-modern-slavery-act
- Take a zero-tolerance approach to bribery and corruption and be committed to acting professionally, fairly and with integrity in all business dealings and relationships wherever you operate and implementing and enforcing effective systems to counter bribery.
- Ensure purchasing practices should avoid any that could be seen as anti-competitive, ensuring that no inducements are accepted that could compromise decision making.
- Uphold all laws relevant to countering bribery and corruption and be bound by the laws of the UK, including the Bribery Act 2010, in respect of conduct both at home and abroad.
- Source from suppliers who can demonstrate a commitment towards compliance with all EU/UK legislation.
- Be clear that child labour is not acceptable, and we expect our suppliers not to employ anyone under the minimum age for employment as applicable to their geographical location.
- Ensure relevant employment practices are in place including those covering working hours and conditions, child labour, living wages, discrimination of any kind, freedom of association, equal opportunities, no forced or bonded labour, harassment at work, health and safety and training and development.
- Ensure sourcing of raw materials is conducted in a sustainable manner with minimal adverse impact on the environment.
If we do not hear back from you within 14 days, you will be deemed to have agreed to comply with the Supplier Code of Conduct in full and any subsequent non-compliance will be dealt with accordingly. You are agreeing to meet the requirements set by Simpsons Malt Ltd in relation to ethical and social standards. Your approval as a supplier is conditional on your agreement. In the event of any violation of this Supplier Code of Conduct by the supplier or one of its suppliers or subcontractors, Simpsons Malt Ltd reserves the right to review the business relationship and possibly terminate it in conformity with applicable law, even if there is no written contract formalising this relationship, without prejudice to the other rights of the client or remedies it might seek.